The Perimeter Research Assistantship program is for students in any pathway at Perimeter College of Georgia State University, with interest in pursuing Master’s degrees, PhD’s, JD’s, or MD’s. The program provides funding for part-time research on the Atlanta Campus with a faculty mentor in summer 2020. Applicants should be planning to transition from a Perimeter Campus to the Atlanta Campus in fall 2020.
- Perimeter College students in any pathway or major, who are interested in pursuing the PhD, JD, or MD, including students who would like to earn a master’s degree before entering these other programs.
- Expected graduation with the bachelor’s degree between 2022 and 2024.
- International students, as well as U.S. citizens, non-citizen nationals, and permanent residents.
- Applicants must be interested, motivated, and prepared to join a research project being carried out by a faculty member on the Atlanta Campus, although prior research experience is not required.
- Applicants may identify potential research mentors to suggest with their application materials. Otherwise they will receive assistance with finding a faculty mentor in May after acceptance into the program.
- Individuals from demographic groups underrepresented in the U.S. workforce are especially encouraged to apply (including those who identify as African American/African descent/Black, Hispanic/Latino/Latina, Pacific Islander, Native Hawaiian, or Native Alaskan, individuals with documented disabilities, students receiving Pell Grant financial aid, and/or first-generation college-bound students).
- All applicants must be hard-working, collaborative, persistent, and curious, with high attention to detail and good time management skills.