The registration deadline for the Graduate Programs Fair at Georgia State University is October 15, 2023. There are payment options for external recruiters and Georgia State departments.
2023 Graduate Programs Fair Agenda
Welcome students, below are 50+ local, national, and international graduate school recruiters that attended the Graduate Programs Fair in 2022. This year, many from the list will attend again. We look forward to seeing you on October 23, 2023 from 10 AM – 3:00 PM at 55 Park Place NE, lobby, Atlanta, GA 30303.
Institutions that attended in 2022
American University School of Medicine ArubaAUSOMA, Admissions
Brenau University, Admissions
Drexel University, Graduate Admissions
Emory University, Goizueta Business School
Emory University, Laney Graduate School
Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health
Emory University, School of Law
Florida State University, The Graduate School
Georgia Institute of Technology, School of Modern Languages
Georgia State University, Africana Studies
Georgia State University, Applied Linguistics
Georgia State University, Bio-Bus Program
Georgia State University, Biology MS/Ph.D.
Georgia State University, Center for Research on the Challenges of Acquiring Language and Literacy
Georgia State University, College of Law
Georgia State University, Institute for Biomedical Sciences
Georgia State University, Office of Graduate Student Services
Georgia State University, Political Science
Georgia State University, Robinson College of Business
Georgia State University, The Graduate School
Georgia State University, School of Public Health
Georgia State University, School of Social Work
Georgia State University, Kinesiology and Health
Georgia State University, Urban Studies Institute
Heinz College, Admissions
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Immunology and Nano-Medicine
Iliff School of Theology, Admissions
Institute of International Education, Graduate Scholarships in Artificial Intelligence
John Marshall Law School, Office of Admissions
Kennesaw State University, Coles College of Business
Louisiana State University, Admissions
Mercer University, College of Nursing
Mercer University, College of Pharmacy
Mercer University, Admissions & Financial Aid / Mercer Law School
Mercer University, School of Business
Mercer University, School of Theology
Middle Georgia State University, Office of Graduate Studies
North Carolina A&T State University, The Graduate College
Piedmont University, Graduate Admissions
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Graduate Admissions
Scripps Research, Office of Graduate Studies
University of Alabama, Graduate School
University of Chicago, The Biological Sciences Division
University of Georgia, College of Pharmacy
University of Georgia, School of Law
University of Georgia, School of Social Work
University of North Georgia, Graduate Admissions
University of Saint Augustine for Health Sciences, Health Sciences
University of South Carolina, Graduate School
University of Tennessee Health Science Center, College of Pharmacy
GRADUATE SCHOOL FAIR TIPS
There are several ways you can improve your Graduate Fair experience. Consider the recommendations below as steps to take before, during, and after the event.
Before The Graduate Fair
- Write down your career goals, graduate degrees (master’s, PhD, etc.) that will help you get there, and what fields interest you for graduate programs.
- Update your resume/cv and bring FIVE COPIES! You may be tempted to give everyone a copy, but prioritize those graduate programs that best match your career interests.
- Schedule an appointment with CASA staff to review your personal statement and resume. View the calendar here: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/[email protected]/bookings/
- Research schools and departments. This step will make you stand out because you can share specifics, like a research agenda or coursework, on how a graduate program matches your career goals.
- Prioritize your top schools: Rank your schools and programs from 1 to 5 (or 10!), 1 being your top choice. This ranking will provide guidance on how much time to spend with each school if you are in a time crunch. Visit other schools and programs if you have time to spare.
- Prepare a list of questions in advance. Here are a few good places to start: Do you apply to the graduate school directly? Or does it participate in a general application site? Do you apply to the department directly? Does the application require a GRE? What is the average GRE Math score? How many letters of recommendations does the application require? Do those letters of recommendation go the graduate school or the department?
- Create a 20-30 second “elevator pitch.” Start with “Hello! I am (your name), and I am studying (your major) at (your school). I have volunteered and interned with (the organization). My career goal is to (insert goal). What can you tell me about the (application process/department/student organization)?”
- Practice your elevator pitch and handshake with a friend!
- Invite a friend to go with you!
During the Graduate Fair
- Smile and enjoy yourself!
- Wear professional attire.
- Get the graduate fair map and plan your steps.
- DO NOT overwhelm yourself with contact information you will not use. Ask for business cards from your FAVORITE graduate schools and faculty. Give them your resume if you are truly interested in the program.
- Let graduate staff and faculty know that you will call them or e-mail to meet in the next two weeks.
Within Two Weeks After the Graduate Fair
- E-mail and call right away to show your enthusiasm and commitment to applying.
- Send a tailored email to those you spoke with at the fair. Reference specifics from your conversation.
- Ask questions to ensure your application includes all the required elements: What is the address for sending the application materials? When are you scheduling applicant interviews? Will the department host interviews in-person or online? Is there a GPA cut-off for your applicants?
- E-mail or meet students currently enrolled in the graduate program. Ask them questions: What kinds of jobs have your graduates earned in the last 5 years? What is the professional development or student experience like in your department? What research or graduate assistantships does the department provide?
- Confirm the application deadline.
We encourage your college or university to meet with our diverse undergraduate, graduate, and alumni population to discuss their next steps in advanced education. Georgia State University is minority-majority research institution with over 52,000 students across six campuses.
Non-GSU Recruiters, register here.
We look forward to seeing you during our 2023 Graduate Programs Fair.
The Center for the Advancement of Students and Alumni (CASA) invites you to visit with 30+ local, national, and international graduate school recruiters to learn about advanced degree programs. Find out about scholarship and fellowship opportunities, in-person and virtual welcome weekends, and what programs fit your personality and your goals.
Students and alumni are encouraged to register for the Graduate Programs Fair here!
Talented students across a mix of disciplines call Georgia State University home. During the Graduate Programs Fair, show them the benefits of pursuing an advanced degree without leaving their base.
GSU Departments, register here.
We look forward to seeing you during our 2023 Graduate Programs Fair.